Monday 18 July 2016

[G935FD Exynos] Restored nandroid with fingerprints enabled, could unlock it but...



Hey there! It's well known that you should not be making a backup if fingerprints are enabled, but I was dumb enough to make my backup with the fingerprints enabled, so when I restored it, even if I put the wrong pattern/pass the phone won't pass the first lockscreen after boot that won't let you use your fingerprints to unlock the phone for the first time.

Thing is, I found a way to avoid this by wiping the lock from the samsung's web tool (Find My Mobile - Luckily I had this configured when I made the backup). So then you use that option, you can access your phone again and create another security method that will work at least using fingerprints, because it wont let you use your pattern as it will fail and reload the lock screen. The problem presents when you reboot your phone, because you can only use the password and it will be allways broken, even if it's different from the one that came with the nandroid backup.

Is there a way to override the password at the first boot so the phone can be unlocked with fingerprints even at the first boot? Or should I reinstall the rom and configure it all again so the lock screen works again?

Thanks in advance!



No comments:

Post a Comment