Friday 15 July 2016

G3-D855 trying to upgrade from 4.4.2, but it refuses no matter what.



Hi all.

I bought a used LG G3, where the guy said this phone had been used to pass around reviewers, so I don't know if this has any factor as to why I'm having issues.

So, issue is, I'm on 4.4.2 atm, and want to upgrade to at least 5, and possibly 6 if this is possible (which it seems to be from what I've seen around the web.) I tried to do it via the phone first, through the built-in update center (current version is V10g-EUR-XX) It sees there is an update for the phone, which I then select to download and install. It then tells me it will download it, and shows the object under my notifications. But then it simply says Cannot download, and just stalls at this point. I've tried both options with wifi only, and over 2g/3g as well.

(At this point I added some screenshots I took, but can't add them, as external links are not allowed for the first 10 posts)

I then tried to go through the LG PC suite, installed the USB drivers etc. When checking for updates, it simply says "Cannot Proceed Upgrade. LG PC Suite upgrades unavailable on this phone."

Where do I go from here? Can I manually update it through the flashtool 2014, or am I looking at rooting this phone, to get be able to upgrade it?

In advance, thank you for your help.

Best Regards,
Dozer.



No comments:

Post a Comment