Friday 15 July 2016

FoxFi Premium vs Free



So I recently purchased the S7 edge, haven't rooted it yet just to try out Samsung pay and whatnot.
I came from the S5, had it rooted, and had the mod to enable hotspot.

Well because I used my hotspot quite often I purchased the premium version of FoxFi to remove the data restrictions in the app. While using the premium version and doing other things on my phone I hit the multi window button and hit close all on my phone. Needless to say, FoxFi closed as well. But I noticed that my hotspot was still running and going strong.

Just figured I would point that out there for those who are thinking about getting FoxFi, you may not need the premium version right away and still have unlimited use of it. Now, I'm not encouraging going around the purchased option but maybe it would give others the ability to truly test out the app before they make their decision.

Or maybe the developer of the app is on these forums and can see this vulnerability in his app.


Tl;dr

FoxFi doesn't need to be running after hotspot has successfully started on your phone.

Sent from my SM-G935V using XDA-Developers mobile app



No comments:

Post a Comment