Saturday 16 July 2016

Forcefully Change LTE Band (Verizon)



Is there anyway to force LTE band change between bands 13 and 4? At home, I have one bar on band 4, but get 60 dl, and 30 up. However, on band 13 I'll get full bars and get 30 dl, 15 up. I don't use my data at home as I am always on wifi, so this cell standby battery drain is murder. If I reset my data connection it will connect to band 13 initially, but it will then change to band 4. Switching my carrier is not an option as T-Mobile, Sprint, and AT&T get equally crap reception and I'm still under contract with Verizon which ends in October. Maybe then I might think about switching to project fi.

I've seen other threads on disabling certain bands, but those bands are only used by T-Mobile and Sprint, so they are of no use to me. Any ideas?



No comments:

Post a Comment