Wednesday 27 July 2016

flashing custom ROM with "Android.system recovery "?



Hello forum,

I have a HTC Desire 816 dual SIM and I would like to install Cyanogenmod.
Surprisingly, the recovery is not the HTC stock recovery, instead it is "Android.system recovery <3e>"
like this: http://forum.xda-developers.com/desi...-file-t3026014

This recovery behaves quite different, so I can not follow the standard procedure to flash a custom rom on HTC 816g dual SIM.

What works:
  • I was able to root the phone (using Kingo Root)

  • I have a working adb root access to the device

  • I can boot into fastboot

  • Obviously Android.system recovery has access to external SD card as it can "backup user data" there


My Problems:
My questions:
  • Is it possible to flash a custom ROM using this "Android.system recovery"?

  • How can i perform a backup of the stock ROM before flashing (this is essential)?

  • How can I restore the stock ROM from the backup using this "Android.system recovery"?


Thanks for your support

Relaxy



No comments:

Post a Comment