Saturday 23 July 2016

d851 randomly shuts off, won't power on without charging/removing battery WHY??



Hello all,
having a really aggravating problem where I'm using my g3 where periodically I'll be using my phone (playing pokemon go usually, think it happened once while using the web browser) and the screen just shuts off and will not power on or do anything at all, totally unresponsive, no matter how long I hold the power button. I either have to pull the battery or plug it into a charger to get it to power on again.
When I plug the phone into the charger, the battery screen pops up. It shows my current percent and after some time it will boot back into system.

This wouldn't be so awful if it wasn't for the fact that there's no way to reset the damn phone when it's unresponsive without pulling the battery or charging!
Please, would anyone have ANY clues as to why this is occurring? Any logs I can check?
At the very least, is there any way to modify the boot firmware to allow me to reset the phone when it's unresponsive?

The only thing I can think of is that I replaced the battery recently. The replacement is (supposedly) genuine.

Thank you so much!



No comments:

Post a Comment