Friday 15 July 2016

Cubot Note S with Marshmallow won't take TWRP



Ok, what am I doing wrong?! This is driving me a bit crazy...

I just got a Cubot Note S, nice phone and fairly cheap. I already updated it to the latest official 5.1 Lollipop release, put TWRP 3.0.2 on and rooted it - that's all fine.

But there's also a beta of Marshmallow for it on Needrom, so I tried flashing that, it went on no problem and seems to run nicely. I enabled the developer options, then enabled OEM unlocking, USB debugging and installation from unknown sources, that's usually enough to let you reflash recovery - but not this time!

Instead when I try to boot to recovery I get that tiny little "Select Boot Mode" menu, and when I select Recovery here it goes to the "broken robot" screen, the one with a red triangular ! sign in the robot's open door. :eek:

Flash TWRP again, and try to boot into recovery (hold vol-up while powering on) and I get that same tiny boot menu but this time it boots into the system instead. :confused:

I tried KingRoot too, out of curiosity, but it couldn't root it.

I can only assume I am missing some vital detail of how to flash Marshmallow with a new recovery - but what?!?



No comments:

Post a Comment