Saturday 16 July 2016

Complete noob looking for advice flashing a completly unknown phone



Hey,

So I was recently thinking of upgrading my phones android, since its only a ****ty 4.2, but I've been running into some problems having never done this before, let me be as quick and concise as possible.

Phone: Its an Evolio x6, I cant post external links yet, but its a 5.5inch, 2gb RAM, 1.7ghz octa-core processor thingy, made by a romanian company so thats why its pretty rare to see anyone using it.

I'm trying to upgrade it to something around an android 5, but anything above 4.4 would work, my problems are:
1. Is any ROM gonna work? Does the ROM have to be compatible with the screensize/hardware? From what I've seen specific phones have specific ROMs they can use, but since barely anyone has this phone I cant really find anything online.
2. If I install some non-functional ROM, can I recover the old OS? Since I cant find the factory ROM anywhere on the internet.
3. I've seen quite a few guides, but most of them mention "google a good ROM for your phone", are there any ROMs that you guys think might work for mine?
4. When I go into recovery mode I dont have any Nandroid options/backups, is there another way to backup everything on the phone?

Thanks for your time, sorry for bothering you guys, and have a great day ^.^



No comments:

Post a Comment