Monday 18 July 2016

Charging issues ( Cannot connect it to PC, It says USB when I plug it into a wall )



So I'm having issues.

As of right now I don't really know what the problem is.

My phone will not connect to my PC anymore. It doesn't say "Connected as a media device" or anything.

I can't connect it to my PC with Odin in download mode either

My phone will not charge anymore (Using Ampere, it charges at about 220mA. It'll go all the way down to 10mA and for 4 seconds or so it'll be at a high mA like 470mA)

It is not my charging brick (I've used Three and I tested them on my other phones, the bricks work fine)

It is not my charging cable (I've used several, and again, I've tested with my other devices and it works flawlessly)

It is not my battery, I have 4 and I've switched between them all

It isn't my PC (I reinstalled all the drivers, and it worked with my Note 3 immediately)

I've tried pushing the cable down while plugged in, and up. It doesn't do anything.

My ROM that I'm running: Maximum OvrDriVE, it is a Note 5 port. Android 5.1.1, with xposed.

My kernel is Emotion r23. I'm on DOK2 baseband.

I've reflashed this ROM, and PacRom. Same issues.

I've flashed different kernels. Same issue.

Right now I'm going to try to go back to a different ROM that I was using that I know for a fact works fine.
(Tried it, it was Rapture 8.1, android 5.1.1, kernel: Emotion Kernel 5.1.1 r21. Nothing changed. Fast charging enabled, still said was being charged via USB when it was plugged into the wall. )

A physical inspection of my USB port on my phone, it looks fine.
I cleaned it too. Still, same issues.

So this only leads me to believe its a physical problem.

Can any of you guys help me out? Because I'm still not sure exactly what the problem is, and I need help



No comments:

Post a Comment