Thursday 21 July 2016

Cannot remount /system partition even when rooted (Sony xperia M2)



I have a Sony xperia M2 D2303 with kitkat 4.4.4 and compilation number 18.3.1.C.1.17.
I have successfully rooted it using KingRoot v4.9.5.
Also I have checked that system is rooted using tools such as root checker and it says rooted.

Now, I am trying to remount /system partition as RW but without succcess.

I have googled and tried several solutions posted here but nothing works for me.
  1. Access to /sys/kernel/security/sony_ric and try to disable sony ric security using:

    problem here is that sony_ric folder is empty, I mean, there is no "enable" file and I cannot create it as partition is RO (read-only).

  2. Using ES file explorer or other file explorers as root I have tried to remount partition as RW but it fails.

    Code:


    echo 0 > enable


  3. Using ROM Toolbox pro, and then from terminal emulator I have tried some commands:

    Code:


    su
    mount -o remount,rw /system


    fails.


    Code:


    su
    system/bin/mount -o remount,rw /system


    also fails.


    Code:


    adb shell
    su
    mount -o rw,remount /system


    also fails...

  4. I have tried to install busybox but it fails as well.


So at this point I have no idea what to do... Any help will be highly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment