Saturday 2 July 2016

Cannot decrypt using TWRP



Hi guys,

Just looking for some advice - I have tried to read as much as I could before posting, and still don't really know what I'm doing wrong, so here goes:

I purchased an ATT branded A9, sim-unlocked it and am trying to convert it to the US unlocked version using the guide in this forum. I have managed to unlock bootloader, install TWRP 3.0.2, but when I try to decrypt storage by using the Format data optionthis is what I get:
Failed to decrypt data.
Unable to decrypt data with default password. You may need to perform a Format Data.

Updating partition details....
....done
Unable to mount storage
Full SELinux support is present.
Formatting Data using make_ext4fs...
You may need to reboot recovery to be able to use / data again.
Updating partition details...
...done

I have come close to bricking twice now - have managed to revive it both times, but am coming close to giving up and just dealing with the bloat and lack of 6.0.1 - any help would be greatly appreciated.



No comments:

Post a Comment