Tuesday 5 July 2016

Camera maulfuction ( unfortunately, camera has stopped) error message



I've Had this tab for almost 3 years with no problems. I purchased it unlocked, from Sony.
2 weeks ago the camera just stopped working. No drops, Splashes, or any other drama to the z3 tablet compact.
These are the things I've tried:
Sony companion re install of software(6.0.1 MM)
Factory data reset
Removed sd card
Reset all defaults
Cleared all camera data from apps and restart
Tried disable camera, and install 3rd party app from play store, front facing actually took a picture,but with no on screen preview, just black screen, I tapped the shutter button, it took the pic, rear camera still inop.
Tried the onboard support diagnostics camera test, it force closed the support app....lol
I'm running fully stock android 6.0.1 mm over the air download/Model # SGP612/Build # 23.5.A.0.575/ Android security patch level-March 1 2016
Kernel version- 3.4.0-perf-g43ea728/Builduser@buildhost #1/Friday April 22 17:27:56 2016
I now live in Thailand and the local Sony store says after getting my IDID# and serial #, they can not repair here.

I'm trying to avoid sending it in to Sony, but if I have to, does anybody have a link?

Thanks a lot for your help.



No comments:

Post a Comment