Saturday 16 July 2016

Camera distortion and brightness problem



Hi everyone, I recently bought a new camera module for the Z1C to replace my old one which had dark spots all over it, scratched lense etc. However, with the new camera (supposedly an original sony part), I experience a strange brightness and distortion problem, with the former one being rather obvious from the attached pictures. Note the large brightness artifact on the right side of the picture (inverted L shape).

I had sent the module back to the camera supplier, they tested it on their Z1C and found no problems whatsoever, telling me it was a (supposedly well known) software bug in my phone. Unfortunately, I was unable to find any occurence of other users reporting this particular problem. Maybe you can help me out?

I have an unlocked bootloader, currently running on the most recent DstrikersZ1 Mod (Android 5.1.1), but have also tried wiping everything and going back to the latest Sony Stock without getting rid of the problem. Could still be an incompatibility issue in terms of camera module hardware revisions? Interestingly, the problem does not occur in CM or AOSP firmwares, suggesting indeed a Sony-related software issue. Still, I find it hard to believe that this cannot be fixed while remaining on Sony-based firmwares. I have tried to flash every single Camera Mod available (Z5 camera, Cyberian, and many more) plus trying many alternative Camera softwares from the Google Play store without any success.

Thank you all very much!








Attached Thumbnails


Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	DSC_0015.JPG<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	147.5 KB<br/>ID:	3814449
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	DSC_0017.JPG<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	169.1 KB<br/>ID:	3814450
 

Click image for larger version<br/><br/>Name:	DSC_0020.JPG<br/>Views:	N/A<br/>Size:	219.8 KB<br/>ID:	3814451
 














No comments:

Post a Comment