Wednesday 20 July 2016

[Caller Echo] [Tip] Before replacing your entire charging port/mic flex...



For those of you that run into mic issues where your caller reports hearing an echo of themselves, be sure to check whether or not you've accidentally switched the rubber doodads for your top mic (GREY) and bottom mic (BLACK).



I recently purchased a bare bones screen assembly and while in the process of moving my previous Nexus' innards, I accidentally switched the two. For the longest time, I've tried flashing OS's, stock ROMs, and even replaced my entire charging port/mic flex assembly as recommended by others here. All helpful tips and suggestions and narrowed down possible causes.

So for those of you with this issue, learn from my mistakes, this little change will save you time, money, and from days of head banging and hair pulling.

Hope someone finds this useful and informational, even if it was something so minuscule and seemingly irrelevant.
:fingers-crossed:



No comments:

Post a Comment