Wednesday 20 July 2016

Borked my Cyanogenmod installation - please help! (LG Nexus 5x)



This was totally my fault but now I'm stuck. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

I just bought 2 nexus 5x phones and planned to install Cyanogenmod 13 on each. I succeeded on the first attempt but this is what happened on the second:

I forgot to re-enable USB debugging after unlocking the bootloader but managed to proceed with installing twrp and vendor.img. When it came time to push (adp push) cm13 to /sdcard, adp gave me this error: "adp: error: connect failed: no devices/emulators found". "fastboot devices" shows that the phone is connected and the recover mode screen shows fastboot mode. (Sorry, can't post a link to the install instructions because this is my first post).

I can get into twrp but trying to boot the phone normally does not work. I get an error saying that the device is corrupted, and then the boot hangs at the weird google animated logo. The screen never shuts off and the animated logo just keeps going around and around.

I can't do a hard reset because I keep ending up at twrp when I try to follow the hard reset instructions.

What should me next steps be?

Thanks.



No comments:

Post a Comment