Saturday 16 July 2016

bootlooping, need to get texts off



The phone is bootlooping but it will go to TWRP recovery and that works. I can reinstall the system but there are texts on the phone that I don't want to lose. It looks like I can plug in the data cable or charger without making the phone spontaneously boot up.

Can I get the data off the phone from recovery? I can do a dirty install without wiping data, I suppose, but I would like to avoid that if possible in case it doesn't work and screws things up so I can't get to recovery. If the phone is in recovery and it's connected to the computer with the data cable will the computer be able to access the internal memory card?

The phone is running some version of Pac-Man kit kat, I think. I haven't checked in recovery to find out which version.



No comments:

Post a Comment