Wednesday 20 July 2016

Bootloader unlock



Hi everyone. I'm new to the rooting aspect, kinda. I did root my old samsung s5 back to kitkat after it was severely stunted by the lollipop update. Which I really hated. However, I have been following XDA since my first droid R2D2 edition. Now i'm on my 5th droid.

So, if you'll excuse me if this question has been posted. However, thru every tut i've read, they all state you need to unlock bootloader to root. And moto as well as vzw will void warranty if bootloader is unlocked. Correct me if I am wrong. (I posted a pic, but because of spamming, I can't post it because of being a newbie. That being the case, if anyone can answer my question, I will be glad to supply the link.)
But is this not an unlocked bootloader? And this phone shipped to me from moto. Granted, I had to unlock dev options. So would I still have to contact moto for the unlock code?
Running moto turbo 2.

Thanks for any info ya'll have.



No comments:

Post a Comment