Wednesday 27 July 2016

Bent @ the volume button, how to get replacement?



Another case of bent at the volume rocker area. Always been in a case & Tempered Glass Protector, never sat on (keep in shirt/jacket pocket; couldn't put it in my back pocket if I wanted to, as I am in a wheelchair). Bought from Google shortly after release date. Additional issue is that because of the bend, the "volume down" button is "flakey"/sometimes unresponsive.

In my opinion (I know others have argued otherwise), this is a warranty issue. So, what is the best way to "present" this to Google to make the issue of getting a warranty replacement easier?

Should I only tell them about the volume rocker issue so it doesn't "deteriorate" into an issue of "cosmetic" damage? (The bend is minor).

Assuming they replace under warranty for the volume rocker issue, will they "cross-ship")? (I'm disabled, and rely on my phone a lot, so I don't want to be without a phone.

Thanks for any suggestions.



No comments:

Post a Comment