Friday 15 July 2016

AOSP browser (no root)?



After two years and a half my loyal fellow Samsung Galaxy S3 i9300 decided to pass away and I decided to get a Moto G 2015.
I really would like not to void my warranty (I had already risked with S3's rooting it exactly the day after I'd bought it :P) so I chose I won't root it at the moment.
The day I bought it I upgraded to M 6.0 from L 5.0.1. Sadly enough I realised (as I already was supposed to know) there is no AOSP browser because Google wants me to use Chrome.
I've got nothing against Chrome but I simply don't like it. Too heavy and ram/battery-drinking. By the moment I've solved the issue by installing a Chromium-based browser but I am not satisfied.
Surfing on the internet I have found some stock browsers I was supposed to be able to install on my unrooted phone. No need to say none of them worked properly, I got FC or installation was denied.

Is there really no way to port the wonderful lightweight material AOSP browser as a simple apk to install?
Otherwise: no other stock browser ported (LG, Sony or pretty everything else)?
I have already tried HTC and Asus ones but I suddenly got FC so screw it.

Thank you so much :laugh:



No comments:

Post a Comment