Sunday 31 July 2016

Android Universal ROM - possible?



Sorry, if this is the wrong thread or if this question itself is stupid.

One thing I have been thinking about in the last few days (especially with Android Nougat this close to release) is: "Why is there no Universal Android ROM (Cyanogen or other) that can be installed on any (or at least a number of common) devices like Windows or Ubuntu for PCs?"
I did a bit of research on the internet today, but the only answer I found over and over again is, that it's because of drivers and the sheer number of different phones and tables out there.
But now my more exact question: Why isn't it possible to bundle the drivers for SoCs, antennas, ... who are most popular (like Snapdragon 820, 810 ...) with a kind of standard AOSP ROM as this works with Windows (as far as I understand it)?

Thanks for your help!



No comments:

Post a Comment