Friday 22 July 2016

a6000 shut down during MIUI flash, won't boot into recovery



Hey guys I was trying to flash MIUI 8 on my a6000 lenovo. Bear with me because I'm new to this so I might have screwed up.

Rooted and installed TWRP perfectly. Phone was running kitkat.
I then, through TWRP tried to flash MIUI 8 from http://forum.xda-developers.com/leno...a6000-t3355692

After first swiping right to install the zip, i got an "error executing binary in zip" error. Wiped dalvik,etc. again and tried again and then I got a MD5 file not found "warning". It was not in red letters and after that message there was no progress bar or anything and the phone just stopped responding. I assumed it wasn't working and few minutes later took the battery out. After trying to boot again it would give me the "mi.com" boot screen (not the default lenovo I used to get) and won't boot into neither recovery nor normal mode. (for recovery boot I'm trying holding both volume buttons and the power button at the same time. perhaps that is different now?)

I'm guessing the flashing was going on and i interrupted it. How can I fix this?



No comments:

Post a Comment