Wednesday 20 July 2016

930U on other US variants, but what about on F?



So I've seen that it's possible to flash the US firmware between the carrier firmware and US international firmware (U). I'm wondering how that is possible since there were problems with the S6 international variants flashing US carrier firmware onto the phones. Does the U use the Snapdragon processor and that's what allows it to be flashed?

The reason I ask is because I know someone with the S6 international (G920I) on T-mobile and wishes to enable WiFi Calling but they don't have that option. I know that this isn't the S6 forum but I noticed people flashing U firmware onto their carrier branded phones and vise versa and figured that those who figured it out would have some understanding as to how it works. I just want to expand my knowledge of why he can't seem to find a solution even though there seems to be some compatibility there.

Thanks for the replies.



No comments:

Post a Comment